- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
A 180 percent rise in social media conversation, according to MVPindex, helps Joanna Gaines back to the top of The Hollywood Reporter's Top TV Personalities chart for the first time since July, as she jumps 6-1 on the ranking dated Oct. 11.
The Top TV Personalities chart is a ranking of the most popular TV personalities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Google Plus, with global data provided by social media analytics company MVPindex. The chart's methodology blends social engagement on the platforms along with weekly additions of followers/subscribers. TV personalities are defined here as performers primarily known for their appearances on their own TV series, including hosts of entertainment/news shows. The latest tracking week ended Oct. 3.
Gaines is back at No. 1 following an announcement of the fifth season ofHGTV's Fixer Upper that's scheduled to begin airing next month, along with new behind-the-scenes photos of her setup for the upcoming High Point Market.
Jimmy Kimmel, who crowned the chart last week, loses steam but remains at No. 2, followed by Stephen Colbert, Gordon Ramsay and Bill Maher in the top five.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day