- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
It's a veritable battle of the network (and cable, and streaming) stars in the lead actress categories.
Topliners from the same series competing against each other is nothing new (see: Cagney & Lacey, The Golden Girls), and this year three pairs are in this situation: Feud's Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon and Big Little Lies' Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are competing in the limited series/TV movie category, while Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin — best friends in Grace & Frankie — are going toe to toe in the comedy series race.
These and 11 other lead actress Emmy nominees recently spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about how they and their characters navigated the past TV season's curveballs.
Written by Daniel J. Fienberg, Rebecca Ford, Mia Galuppo, Michael O'Connell, Brian Porreca, Bryn Elise Sandberg, Kate Stanhope, Jackie Strause and Josh Wigler
This story first appeared in an August stand-alone issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show