- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
It was the warning heard 'round the world (wide web).
"I'm gonna make my Instagram private if you guys don’t stop the hate this is getting out of hand. If you guys are really fans you wouldn’t be so mean to people that I like," Justin Bieber captioned on Instagram following negative comments about his new girlfriend, Sofia Richie.
On Tuesday evening the pop star decided to shut down his Instagram altogether, which was likely caused by his public back-and-forth with ex Selena Gomez. The "Hands to Myself" singer has since seemingly apologized for her comments on Snapchat.
"Sorry, this page is unavailable" was the message fans were met with shortly after he deactivated his account. His Facebook and Twitter pages are still active though.
This isn't the first time Bieber has quit social media; he announced on Twitter in 2013: "My beloved beliebers I'm officially retiring."
Bieber follows a long line of celebrities who have quit social media after dealing with online bullies. Here, a look back at the famous faces — Rihanna and Demi Lovato included — who signed off (before going back online again).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day