- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton impression has been widely praised this election year.
The comedian did her first Saturday Night Live impersonation of Clinton in 2013, but it really took off for her in the past year as Clinton became the Democratic nominee and the presidential election took center stage. McKinnon follows in the footsteps of SNL Hillary Clinton impersonators Amy Poehler, Vanessa Bayer, Jan Hooks and Ana Gasteyer.
McKinnon's Clinton uses a plethora of facial expressions to emulate Clinton, mixing in robotic gestures, awkward narration of her attempts to be natural and a dash of desperately wanting to appeal to millennials. The comedian also adds charm, empathy and ambition to her impression, allowing her character some gleeful and joyous moments of celebration as well.
Here's a look at some of McKinnon's best work as the former secretary of state.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day