- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
King Kong first scaled the Empire State Building in 1933, and he's back in theaters this weekend in Kong: Skull Island.
The first King Kong film was released in 1933 with great amount of success. The movie focused on a film crew who visited Skull Island and discovered a monster in their paths, also known as King Kong. The giant gorilla is captured and taken to New York City, where he develops a bond with a woman played by Fay Wray.
After 1933, the movie's success resulted in several remakes, sequels and television series. The newest installment will tell the tale of a group of explorers who travel to an island and encounter Kong with a cast that includes Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston and John Goodman.
Check out how Kong has evolved over the years, from his very first big-screen incarnation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day