- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Long gone are the days of the meat dress.
Lady Gaga is bringing her high-fashion A-game to the red carpet. The musician turned actress has been taking her film A Star Is Born around the festival circuit. She's already garnering Oscars buzz for her portrayal of the young singer Ally who falls in love with her mentor, Jackson Maine (Bradley Cooper, who also directed and co-wrote).
After making her big Venice Film Festival entrance in August — cruising in wearing a black mini dress and holding a single red flower — Gaga has worn top-tier labels from Valentino to Armani Prive for her premieres, thanks to stylists Tom Eerebout and Sandra Amador. Known for her wild outfits and wigs as a pop star, Gaga the movie star seems to be going for a more classic look and basing her recent press ensembles on old Hollywood fashion, with bold lips, textured gowns and styled wet curls.
"We definitely took a more classic approach but made sure that there was still an element of fantasy involved. We wanted everything to be very true to her and her artistry," her stylists tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Here's a look at what the reborn star has been donning for her press tour and awards shows so far (including the Golden Globes, where she won for best song for "Shallow.")
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day