- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mad Max: Fury Road on Saturday topped the feature film competition at the Makeup Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles, winning two trophies.
During a ceremony hosted by Loni Love, features winning one award apiece included Cinderella, Furious 7 and Pitch Perfect 2.
George Miller's post-apocalyptic Fury Road — honored for best period and/or character makeup and best special makeup effects — was the only Guild nominee that is also nominated for the Academy Award for makeup and hair styling. It will vie with The Revenant and Swedish comedy The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.
American Horror Story: Hotel was the big winner in television, collecting three awards for the program plus an additional two in the commercials and music videos categories. Game of Thrones and Dancing With the Stars won two apiece in television.
Alice in Wonderland received two awards in the categories for live stage productions and Henry Danger collected two trophies in the categories for children and teen programming.
During the ceremony, Johnny Depp presented lifetime achievement awards to Oscar-winning makeup artist Ve Neill (The Hunger Games, Face Off) and Oscar-winning hair stylist Yolanda Toussieng (Insurgent).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day