- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marilyn Monroe is arguably one of the most iconic actresses of her generation. While she caught the attention of fans with her work and beauty, the struggles in her personal life remain a common topic when discussing her legacy.
Her life story has been fictionally told in several forms of media over the years. From her troubled childhood up until her shocking death in 1962 at age 36, audiences have been able to see Monroe’s life play out from the interpretations of various actors and directors.
Several actresses have portrayed Monroe, who was born as Norma Jeane Baker, over the years. Catherine Hicks took on the titular role in the 1980 television film Marilyn: The Untold Story, while Ana de Armas is set to share her take on Monroe in Andrew Dominik’s 2022 film Blonde, based on Joyce Carol Oates’ biographical novel of the same name.
Other stars who have taken on the role of Monroe include Michelle Williams in the critically acclaimed film My Week With Marilyn, Susan Griffiths in Marilyn and Me and Ashely Judd in Norma Jeane and Marilyn.
Take a look at some of the most memorable portrayals of Monroe in film and on television below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stay on Board: The Leo Baker Story