- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Oct. 2, 1992, The Mighty Ducks was released in theaters. The Disney film, directed by Stephen Herek from a screenplay by Steven Brill, grossed more than $50 million at the domestic box office on a $10 million budget, spawned two sequels and an animated TV series, and inspired the original name of the Anaheim NHL team.
The Mighty Ducks tells the story of high-strung lawyer Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez), who is ordered by a court to coach a pee-wee hockey team as community service after getting arrested for drunk driving. When the lawyer is assigned to coach the worst team in the league, it’s clear that neither Gordon nor the team members want anything to do with each other. As the film goes on, Coach Bombay rediscovers his love of hockey and learns to motivate the team as they make it to the pee-wee championships.
In honor of The Mighty Ducks' 25th anniversary, The Hollywood Reporter breaks down what the stars have been up to since the beloved film debuted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day