- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
La La Land stars Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling may be getting attention for their big-screen reunion in Damien Chazelle's acclaimed musical. But the duo — who formerly shared the screen in Crazy, Stupid, Love and Gangster Squad — weren't the only onetime movie pair to reunite in a non-sequel or franchise-continuation film in 2016.
Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg and Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman starred opposite each other for the third and fourth times in Cafe Society and Office Christmas Party, respectively. Meanwhile, Natalie Portman and Peter Sarsgaard had a Garden State reunion, 12 years later, in Jackie. Julia Roberts went from the ex-wife of George Clooney's lying thief in Ocean's Eleven to playing the TV producer to his Jim Cramer-like host in Money Monster. And Diane Lane went from romancing Ben Affleck's man behind the Man of Steel to sharing a scene with Affleck as Batman in Batman v. Superman.
Read on for more of 2016's memorable movie reunions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day