- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
[This story contains spoilers from the entire sixth season of Netflix's Orange Is the New Black.]
There is one all-encompassing and persistent true villain on Orange Is the New Black: the prison industrial complex.
The injustices that befall the starring characters of the Jenji Kohan-created prison dramedy are a commentary on the reality of what people who are incarcerated, or who have been incarcerated, face in the country. Throughout the series' six seasons, however, complicated villains have also emerged in the faces of prison guards, corporate executives and jumpsuit-donning inmates.
Below, The Hollywood Reporter ranks the most threatening characters who have stepped inside Litchfield's prison walls — from Vee and Pornstache up to season six's sisterly duo of Barb and Carol — based on the impact they made, or continue to make, on the world of OITNB, which returns next year for season seven.
Sound off on the villain rankings in the comments section below, and keep checking THR.com/OITNB for season six coverage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day