- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Sunday night in Los Angeles, Neon's Parasite made history as the first non-English-language film to win best picture at the Oscars.
The film nabbed four wins in total at the 92nd Academy Awards, including best director for Bong Joon Ho, international feature film and original screenplay for Bong and co-writer Han Jin-won. Universal's 1917 nabbed three wins: for visual effects, cinematography and sound mixing.
Another three films earned two honors each. Warner Bros.' Joker won in the lead actor category for Joaquin Phoenix and for original score. Sony's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood scored wins for Brad Pitt in the supporting actor category and for production design. 20th Century Studios' Ford v Ferrari won for film editing and sound editing.
Renée Zellweger claimed the best actress win for Roadside Attractions' Judy, Laura Dern earned a win for Netflix's Marriage Story in the supporting actress category, and Taika Waititi claimed the adapted screenplay honor for Searchlight's JoJo Rabbit.
The full list of Oscar winners is below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival