- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from the Outlander season two finale, "Dragonfly in Amber."]
Outlander doesn't believe in neat and tidy happy endings. At least, not the kind that romantic dramas typically serve up to viewers in movies and TV shows.
Author Diana Gabaldon routinely finds way to separate the two main characters at the center of this unconventional love story: 17th century Highlander Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and WWII nurse Claire Beachamp Randall Fraser (Caitriona Balfe). And Ron Moore, executive producer of Starz's adaptation of the time-traveling romance novels, has brought Gabaldon's stories to life for two seasons now, and the heartbreak and shocking twists the show's leads brought forth in season two will forever change the series moving forward.
From the shadowy and complicated politics of the French court to the bloody and harrowing battles in the Scottish Highlands, here are all the biggest moments from Outlander season two:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day