- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Whether you know what's coming in the story having read the books or if you have no idea what heartbreak is in store as each episode unfolds, every death on Outlander packs a serious emotional punch.
Author Diana Gabaldon has laid the groundwork for executive producer Ron Moore to bring to life an intensely emotional adaptation of her best-selling novels. Outlander follows WWII nurse Claire (Caitriona Balfe) accidentally travels back in time to the Scottish Highlands in the 1700s. While learning how to survive in this new dangerous climate, she meets and falls in love with Highlander Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), and the rest is literally history. The two newlyweds attempt to navigate murky political waters to try and prevent the Scottish culture and way of life from extinction while war is brewing and enemies try to pull them apart from every direction.
While Claire and Jamie have managed to make it out of two seasons of the Starz drama alive, their friends, loved ones, allies and enemies have not been so lucky. In order to prepare for season three, The Hollywood Reporter looks back on all the most shocking deaths on Outlander so far.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day