- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
While Hollywood stars often rely on social media to interact with millions of fans, sometimes the virtual exchange isn't so friendly. Protected by the veil of internet anonymity, so-called internet "trolls" often take to Twitter to spew any and all thoughts and opinions. As demonstrated by President Donald Trump himself, anything goes on Twitter.
As a result of the invasive nature that platforms like Twitter present, many celebrities elect to remove themselves, even if for only a short time. From leading men like Armie Hammer to young TV stars like Millie Bobby Brown, Hollywood names from all walks of life have fallen victim to the backlash that can arise from having a strong online presence. Just last month, director James Gunn learned the effect social media can have on one's career when he was fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after old controversial tweets resurfaced.
Read on for more about 11 stars who have abandoned the Twitterverse.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day