- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Upon its 1983 release, Scarface cemented Al Pacino's star status and turned actress Michelle Pfeiffer into a household name. The story of Tony Montana, a Cuban immigrant in 1980s Miami who eventually becomes an unruly drug kingpin, is one of excruciating highs and moral lows. The character's excessive use of cocaine, profanity and violence shocked audiences across the country — a gritty rendering of the American dream against the backdrop of Reagan's presidency.
Despite its initial tepid response from critics, Scarface went on to become a commercial success, grossing more than $126.5 million domestically when adjusted for inflation. The seminal crime drama, loosely based on a 1932 film of the same name, combined romance, action and gore and is widely regarded as one of the greatest movies of all time.
The stars of Scarface have gone on to feature in a number of award-winning movies and television shows since the film was released 35 years ago, on Dec. 9, 1983. Here's what they're up to today.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day