- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story of eight strangers who are inexplicably connected is back, and with its return will come answers.
Sense8 launches its second season Friday on Netflix. For the uninitiated, the high-concept sci-fi series — created by Lana and Lilly Wachowski (The Matrix, Cloud Atlas) with J. Michael Straczynsk (Thor, World War Z) — follows eight "sensates" who come to discover they are emotionally and mentally linked, forming a "cluster." Scattered across the globe, a DJ in Iceland, imprisoned martial arts maven in Seoul, Chicago cop, San Franciscan hacktivist, Nairobi bus driver, Mexico City movie star, Berlin safe-cracker and Hindu pharmacist in Mumbai spent the first season sharing and visiting each other in their minds. After a two-hour Christmas special — which released in December and is a must-watch ahead of the full second season — the next 10 episodes raise the stakes, with more sex and more action, to dive deeper into this interconnected, universal love story and thriller chase — all filmed to the backdrops of 16 cities and 11 countries.
Here, The Hollywood Reporter helps to refresh viewers' memories and look ahead at what's to come, with some help from the cast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Midnight Club