- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues to be one of 2017’s most anticipated films, as the second trailer for the movie, which premiered Feb. 28, reigns atop the Top Movie Trailers Chart for the tracking week running Feb. 24-March 1.
In just two days of tracked data, the sequel to 2014’s blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy debuts at No. 1 with 19.7 million views, according to video technology company ZEFR. The report prioritizes trailers based on overall view counts on YouTube, combining a sum of official and fan trailer uploads.
The trailer is soundtracked by Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 track “The Chain,” which helped the song leap 212 percent in digital sales to 3,000 downloads in the tracking week ending March 2, according to Nielsen Music.
Another trailer that debuted on Feb. 28, the second for Alien: Covenant, starts at No. 2 with an equally impressive 14.5 million views. The Ridley Scott-directed film — the latest in the Alien series — is due May 19.
See the full top 10 below.