- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superheroes ruled the movie world in 2016, as evidenced by the rankings on the year-end Top Movie Trailers Chart, with three of the top five spots belonging to superhero films, led by Captain America: Civil War.
Civil War, the third in Disney/Marvel's Captain America series and the 13th installment in the overall Marvel Cinematic Universe series of films, holds No. 1 on the chart, powered by data from video technology company ZEFR, with 343.1 million views in 2016 (through Dec. 8). ZEFR’s data tracks trailers released in 2016 and is an overall total of views of both official and fan-submitted trailers on YouTube.
Fellow superhero flick Suicide Squad follows at No. 2 with 342.5 million views, followed by Star Wars spin-off Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at No. 3 (208.1 million), X-Men: Apocalypse at No. 4 (183 million) and animated film Sing at No. 5 (147.1 million).
See positions 11-20 below, and click here for the top 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day