- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Every year, THR surveys industry professionals to get their take on the world’s finest institutions of musical learning, and in particular how they stack up in terms of positioning composers and musicians for jobs in media. This year, however, the focus is on COVID-19 and the challenges it has presented, including limiting the number of players who can perform student compositions.
“We’re trying to find that compromise for the next incoming group so that they can still have a legitimate, unique experience,” says USC’s Daniel Carlin.
Nevertheless, with help from a survey sent to the roughly 1,700 members of the Society of Composers and Lyricists, the Alliance for Women Film Composers and the Composers Diversity Collective, here are the 20 music schools still thriving despite a year of sour notes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day