- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Some people go to film school to learn the latest about 360-degree fly cams and head-mounted display systems. Others go to study the esoterics of film history and theory (usually at No. 10 Wesleyan). And many just want to figure out how to point a camera and make the movies that keep playing out in their heads.
These days, there's a school for everybody, though not all are created equal, so here's THR's annual Top 25 Film Schools list to sort out the differences. The magazine consulted with educators, alumni and industry pros to rank the best of the best. Somewhere on these pages is a school to match every ambition, even if that ambition is to just make friends in a TV writers room (see No. 11, University of Texas).
Reporting by Ashley Cullins, Rebecca Ford, Mia Galuppo, Borys Kit, Pamela McClintock, Brian Porreca, Tatiana Siegel and Rebecca Sun.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day