- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
The sci-fi action franchise Transformers began in 2007 with a teenage boy and a yellow Chevrolet Camaro. The movie earned $410.2 million at the domestic box office (adjusted for inflation) and has spawned four sequels, including June 21's Transformers: The Last Knight.
For the uninitiated, the franchise — based on the beloved toy line — centers on alien robots able to transform themselves into everyday machinery, such as cars and appliances. Thousands of years ago, a civil war broke out on a planet called Cybertron between two transformer factions, the heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, and villainous Decepticons, led by Megatron. The humans on Earth discover this secret and are needed to help end the ongoing invasion.
Michael Bay directed all five films: Transformers (2007), Revenge of the Fallen (2009), Dark of the Moon (2011), Age of Extinction (2014) and The Last Knight (2017). However, the latest film will be his last. A sixth film will be released in 2019 with a new director.
Additionally, a Bumblebee spinoff will be directed by Travis Knight and is scheduled for release in 2018. The film will explore the young Bumblebee’s life, making it a prequel.
Below, watch the trailers for all five films in the franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day