- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on a true story, The 15:17 to Paris follows the events that preceded a foiled terrorist attack on an Aug. 21, 2015, train bound for the French capital.
Three American friends, Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos and Spencer Stone — who were on a tour through Europe — disarmed and subdued an ISIS-affiliated lone gunman who had planned a massacre on the crowded train.
The film’s director, Clint Eastwood, cast the real-life heroes to play themselves. So in their cases, the headline — "counterparts" — might not be entirely accurate. However, there are several professional actors involved as well. Jenna Fischer, Judy Greer and Ray Corasani also star in the movie, which was adapted from the book — co-written by Stone, Sadler and Skarlatos — The 15:17 to Paris: The True Story of a Terrorist, a Train and Three American Heroes.
In addition to the onboard action, 15:17 to Paris will focus on the backstories of the three childhood friends.
Before the drama pulls into theaters Feb. 9, read more about the cast below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Many Saints of Newark