- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
[Warning: Massive Walking Dead spoilers through season 10A are ahead.]
Given how its seasons are structured, AMC's The Walking Dead often feels like it's starting and stopping all the time. It's sometimes best to view the zombie series on an eight-episode basis, measuring it by half-season, rather than the full 16-episode order. The show is often defined by arcs — the time spent on Hershel's farm, the time spent in Woodbury, the time spent on the road after the prison's fall — and just as often close those arcs with explosive midseason and proper season finales.
And then there are the finales where Beth (Emily Kinney) gets shot in the head and nothing makes sense.
As is often the case with Walking Dead, the show's growing catalog of finale episodes is a mixed bag of incredibly exciting chapters and serious head-scratchers. Here are our rankings of these episodes, from the very first year's CDC explosion all the way through the midseason 10 finale.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day