Webby Awards winners will be announced April 25, with other nominees including Beyonce, 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,' 'Stranger Things,' the 'Missing Richard Simmons' podcast and The New York Times.
The Hollywood Reporter's website has been nominated for a Webby Award by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences.
The nomination for the Internet's highest honor comes in the magazine website category, where it will vie with The New Yorker, Bittersweet Monthly, Wired's The Secrets of SFMOMA and Conde Nast's Wired Photo Site.
THR is among the news outlets nominated across various categories, including BuzzFeed, The New York Times and CNN. Other Webby nominees include the Netflix series Stranger Things, mobile game Pokemon Go and Beyonce. The Webbys has introduced 10 categories in podcasting and digital audio, opening the awards up to nominees including Missing Richard Simmons and Lena Dunham's Women of the Hour.
All Webby nominees also are eligible for People's Voice awards, as voted on by readers. Click here to vote in the best website, magazines, category.
Google received the most nominations with 16 total nods. Vice came in second with 15 nominations, followed by Conde Nast with 14.
Winners of the 21st annual Webbys, which will be announced April 25, will be decided by a panel of IADAS members who include Jimmy Kimmel, Making a Murderer creators Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos, Gimlet Media CEO Alex Blumberg, Instagram director of fashion partnerships Eva Chen and Questlove. The public can also vote online for one award, the People's Voice award, from Tuesday, April 4, through Thursday, April 20.
"Webby Nominees are using the internet in incredible ways to bring people together through humor, emotion, innovation, empathy, passion, optimism and eccentricity — all of the elements that make for truly great internet," said Webby Awards executive director David-Michel Davies. "In a year marked by so much discord and divisiveness, the Webby Awards is honored to recognized the work and efforts of our nominees as they explore new ways to use the internet to inform our world and bring people together."
The Webby Awards will be celebrated at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday, May 15. The show will be available to watch online May 16.
Here is a selection of nominees:
– The Hollywood Reporter (THR.com)
– The New Yorker (The New Yorker)
– Bittersweet Monthly (Bittersweet Creative)
– The Secrets of SFMOMA (WIRED)
– WIRED Photo Site (Conde Nast)
– Pitchfork + Spotify - Inside Discovery
– Gordon 24Ever
– 1800 Tequila & Billboard "Back to the Block"
– Loewe 001
– The Making of a Cult - Hulu's The Path
– Girls of Paradise
– #MoreThanMean - Women in Sports 'Face' Online Harassment
– Be the Guy
– Bullying in Virtual Reality
– Don't Smell Yourself Short
– Google Escape
– Finger Licking Good
– Art The Throne
– A Table to End Hunger
– Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People
– 99% Invisible
– Mike Pesca for Best Host: "A Former Breitbart Star Takes on Steve Bannon"
– See Something Say Something
– The Axe Files
– National Geographic's Social Presence
– NASA's Cassini Mission Social Media
– The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon / Social Experience
– Game of Thrones
– Old Spice Social
– Can't Stop
– Like My addiction
– Homeless 360
– Hashtags for life
– How to Be a Girl
– The Gist with Mike Pesca: "Vote Jabba"
– Stuff You Missed in History Class
– In the Dark
– Accused: The Unsolved Murder of Elizabeth Andes
– Vanity Fair's Vanities
– Leon Bridges Website
– Stranger Things Type Generator
– The New iPhone Is Just Worse
– Tinder: The Superhero Movie
– The Simpsons - 3 a.m.
– Casual Sketch - Woke Bois, "White Male Feminist"
– Epic Rap Battles of History: Wonder Woman vs. Stevie Wonder
– The Hilarious World of Depression
– My Dad Wrote A Porno
– 2 Dope Queens
–The Carson Podcast
– The Last Podcast on the Left
– The man inside: Four Months as a Prison Guard
– In the Dark
– The Kitchen Sisters Present
– Missing & Murdered: Who Killed Alberta Williams?
– Missing Richard Simmons
– Fandango App
– Star Wars App
– Sully: The 208 Seconds Experience
– Nike Unlimited Stadium
– "On the Go" - The New Yorker’s Innovators Issue Comes to Life in an Augmented-Reality
– The Field Trip to Mars
– Meet Graham
– The Sweet Jesus Confessional
– CNN Election Night 2016
– Meeting the Moment
– Real Madrid Champions League Final Campaign
– 2015-16 NBA All-Star Week
– Sherlock Live
– 24 Hours of Le Forza
– Feels – Glossier (Instagram)
– J.Crew Men's Instagram
– Revelist Beauty & Style Vertical
– Real Time Fashion Trends
– Pokemon GO
– Dots & Co
– NBA LIVE Mobile
– The Walking Dead No Man's Land Mobile Game
– Star Wars Arcade
– The Onion
– The Daily Show: Black Trump - “They Love Me”
– Funny or Die
– Another Round
– The Gist with Mike Pesca: "Jesse Eisenberg, Part 2" (starts at 6:13, ends at 21:02)
– The Axe Files
– In the Thick
– FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast
– Eye of the Stormers
– 20FT Radio
– The New York Times
– BuzzFeed News
– The Washington Post
– BBC Newstream
– Invisible Stories
– Brutal Cut
– Untasty Dishes
– Genderless Nipples
– WWE WrestleMania 32
– NBA All-Star Coverage
– NFL Thursday Night Football Live Stream on Twitter
– World Surf League Social
– The New Airbnb App
– Skyscanner app
– The Field Trip to Mars
– Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them VR
– 'DRESS ME UP' VR FILM
– VR Power Trainer
– OMGYES *Note for Judges: May Contain Explicit Content*
– Museum of Hotel Keys
– Emoji Book
– The Big Draw: Selling the Soviet Past
– Napflix I Siesta Video Platform