- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney/ABC Television Group President Anne Sweeney tops The Hollywood Reporter's Women In Entertainment Power 100 list.
This is the second year in a row that Sweeney has held the top spot — she shared the 2009 honor with Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal.
The top place was determined, among other criteria, by three financial measures: 1. Revenue generated for companies; 2. valuation of assets; 3. number of employees overseen.
And this is what put Sweeney solidly in first place:
— Revenue at Disney Media Networks last year was more than $17 billion, up 6 percent.
— Those same properties are valued at a staggering $61 billion.
— She oversees 10,000 employees, far more than any other woman in the entertainment industry.
It also didn't hurt that when asked, "Who is the most powerful woman in Hollywood?" almost everyone THR contacted — from high-level agents to producers and even rival executives — named Sweeney.
Actress Angelina Jolie returned to the list at No. 26, while other personalities were honored for the first time — television’s Judge Judy took 48th place, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer moved into No. 76. And the emerging Kardashian sisters rounded out the list in the 100th spot.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day