- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Tumblr
Religious holidays aren't the only ones worth celebrating in late December — this year, the workplace romantic comedy Working Girl, starring Harrison Ford, Melanie Griffith and Sigourney Weaver, turns 30 on Dec. 21.
Set in New York City, Working Girl follows Griffith's Tess McGill — secretary to Weaver's Katharine Parker — who takes over for her boss while she recovers from injury in the hospital. Also among the film's star-studded cast were Alec Baldwin, Joan Cusack and Olympia Dukakis.
When the title first hit theaters in 1988, it raked in more than $63 million at the domestic box office, with its leads fresh off hit blockbuster franchises like Alien and Star Wars. And since the late 1980s, Working Girl's cast of players has hardly slowed down, going on to score several Golden Globe and Oscar nominations, as well as star in Emmy-winning TV series.
In honor of Working Girl's 30th anniversary, The Hollywood Reporter takes a look at what the actors were up to then and now.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day