'Amy's Baking Company' Owners on Quitting 'Kitchen Nightmares,' Death Threats

The couple that made Gordon Ramsay walk out open up about what happened before and after their tumultuous episode.
A scene from the "Kitchen Nightmares" episode featuring Amy's Baking Company

The subjects of one of the most infamous episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, in which celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay appeared to quit, are opening up about why they decided to stop filming and the death threats they received since the show aired.

Amy and Samy Bouzaglo's Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale, Ariz., was featured on the Fox show's May season finale. During their episode, Amy and Samy were shown yelling at and pushing customers and firing a waitress on the spot, after which Amy called her a "poisonous little viper."

Ramsay said he quit because he couldn't help the Bouzaglos, marking the first time he'd ever walked out of a show kitchen.

"After 100 kitchen nightmares, I met two owners I could not help. It is because they are incapable of listening." Ramsay said at the time.

PHOTOS: Mike Darnell's Greatest Hits Include 'American Idol,' 'Kitchen Nightmares' and 'The Swan'

But Amy says that they were the ones who stopped the filming after Ramsay accused Samy of pocketing the waitresses' tips in front of the eatery's customers, Amy explained in an interview with MailOnline.

"At this point we both realized they were accusing us of something that was 100 percent inaccurate, and we felt very strongly in standing up for ourselves to make sure they didn't misportray us," she says.

She also insists they never took money from their servers.

Samy agrees that they were inaccurately portrayed on the show. "They showed us as delusional," he says. "We would never have agreed to go on the show knowing they could do this. Gordon said ours was the cleanest kitchen he had ever seen."

Amy added that since the show aired, the couple has received death threats.

"Over the past couple of months, we’ve gone from being completely unknown to having people call us at 3 a.m. saying they’re going to break into our house with a rifle, rape me and kill my husband."