September 29, 2013 8:14pm PT by Aaron Couch
'Breaking Bad' Series Finale: 5 Most Shocking Quotes
[Warning: spoilers ahead for the Breaking Bad series finale, "Felina."]
Walter White's journey from Mr. Chips to Scarface is officially completed.
Breaking Bad's series finale saw Walt (Bryan Cranston) go out in a blaze of glory, killing the Aryan gang and setting Jesse (Aaron Paul) free using that massive gun we first saw in last year's season 5 opener. Walt arguably redeemed himself getting his money to his family and saving Jesse's life. Jesse, meanwhile, got revenge on Todd (Jesse Plemons) by strangling him with his own chains.
Below we count down the five best lines from the series finale.
5. "All I have left to give you is this." (Walt to Skyler)
Walt's scene with Skyler (Anna Gunn) was the most poignant of the finale, allowing him to give the family peace of mind by leading them to the grave Hank and Gomez are buried in. And it was difficult not to feel sympathy for Walt when he asked to see his infant daughter one last time, or watching him as he looked at Walt Jr. (RJ Mitte) for the last time.
4. "I'm going to show you just how wrong you are, and then I'm putting that bullet in your head myself." (Uncle Jack to Walt)
In the season four classic "Face Off," Walt used Gus' pride to end him, knowing the man would want to personally kill Hector. Here he insulted Uncle Jack's (Michael Bowen) pride by suggesting he was partners with a rat. Jack couldn't let the insult stand, so he ordered Jesse to be brought to them, allowing Walt to save his former partner and kill the gang. While we doubt Walt had planned to save Jesse going in, we're very glad he did.
3. "Just this afternoon I had an extra $200,000 that I would have loved dearly to leave on top of this table. Instead I gave it to the two best hit men west of the Mississippi. Whatever happens to me tomorrow, they’ll still be out there. Keeping tabs. (Walt to Gretchen and Elliott)
There weren't a lot of pure Heisenberg moments in this episode, but this was one of them. There's nothing like the threat of death to motivate two individuals into making sure Walt Jr. (RJ Mitte) gets his money. And as a bonus, we got to see Badger (Matt Jones) and Skinny Pete (Charles Baker) one last time.
2. "Say the words. Say you want this. Nothing happens until I hear you say it." (Jesse to Walt)
This was such a great Walt-Jesse moment, with Jesse getting to tell Walt, "Do it yourself" before throwing down the gun and driving off into the night. There's something about this exchange that makes us think Jesse is done with violence and will (against all odds) end up OK.
1. "I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really -- I was alive." (Walt to Skyler)
Finally, Walt admits what we, the viewers, have seen for years. His Heisenberg days may have started out for his family, but he kept going for himself. There were a number of times throughout the series Walt could have quit the business and had enough money to be set. But he didn't. With this line, it's almost as if Walt completes his journey from Mr. Chips to Scarface and then moves back a little bit toward the good man that he once was.
What'd we miss? Share your favorite lines from the Breaking Bad series finale in the comments.