10:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg
Comic-Con 2019: The Hollywood Reporter's Guide to TV Panels, Parties and Activations (So Far)
Following a rather muted affair on the film and TV sides last year, San Diego Comic-Con returns this summer to celebrate its 50th anniversary.
The pop culture confab, which is set to run July 18-21, will also celebrate a number of flagship series, with farewell panels slated for HBO's Game of Thrones as well as The CW's Supernatural and Arrow, with more likely to be revealed in the coming weeks. (Missing from the schedule this year is the annual Big Bang Theory panel.) Expected to return is the convention staple The Walking Dead, as other Q&As and screenings will be announced in the lead-up to the biggest pop culture event of the year.
Outside of the Convention Center, networks and studios alike hope lavish activations will help attract new viewers and offer free promotion in the areas in and around downtown San Diego. Then, after the convention floor closes and the sun sets at Comic-Con, stars and industry insiders alike escape the crowds and cosplay for San Diego's party scene.
This page has been updated with details from the official SDCC schedule. The Hollywood Reporter will continue to add parties and activations as more information is made available.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17 (Preview Night)
• Warner Bros. TV screenings: Batwoman, Pennyworth, Prodigal Son, Harley Quinn and Teen Titans Go. 6-10 p.m., Ballroom 20
• Batman's induction into the Comic-Con museum character Hall of Fame. Fundraiser with DC Comics at the museum's future home in Balboa Park will feature themed entertainment, special guests and more. 5 p.m.-midnight, 2131 Pan American Plaza. Tickets ($250 for main event, $50 for afterparty) required. Details.
• Pop Insider SDCC Kickoff. 7-10 p.m., Coin-Op Game Room, 789 6th Ave. Tickets ($25) required. Details.
• Ready Party One. Hosted by Nerdbot, 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at Fluxx Nightclub, 500 4th Ave. Tickets ($35-$225) required. Details.
THURSDAY, JULY 18
Van Helsing (Syfy) 11:15-12:15 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
The Order (Netflix) 12:30-1:30 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Evil (CBS) 12:45-2 p.m., Ballroom 20
Undone (Amazon) 1:45-2:45 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon) 20th anniversary panel. 1:45-2:45 p.m., Room 6A
Nancy Drew (The CW) 2-3:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
Emergence (ABC) 3-4 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Robert Kirkman: In Conversation (Skybound) 3-4 p.m., Room 6A
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon) 4-5 p.m., San Diego Central Library
Stumptown (ABC) 4:15-5:15 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Teen Titans Go (DC Universe) 3:15-4:15 p.m., Room 6DE
Agents of SHIELD (ABC) 3:30-4:30 p.m., Hall H
His Dark Materials (HBO) 4:45-5:45 p.m., Hall H
Cobra Kai (YouTube) 4:45-5:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
Superstore (NBC) 5:30-6:30 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
• Fandom party. Preview Cirque du Soleil's R.U.N, sample Jonnie Walker's A Song of Ice and A Song of Fire whiskey. Special performance by Girl Talk. 7-11 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock, 207 5th Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• IGN's Amazon-sponsored The Expanse party. Located within the Amazon activation at the corner of MLK and 1st Ave. Time TBD, must be 21+.
• Her Universe/Hot Topic Fashion Show. 6-8 p.m., Manchester Grand Hyatt, 1 Market Place. Free.
• Nerdist presents the Upside Down. 8 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Fluxx Nightclub, 500 4th Ave. $35 admission. Details.
• Rave of Thrones. Kristian "Hodor" Nairn spins from 9:30-11 p.m., Omnia, 454 6th Ave. Free but reserved tickets encouraged. Details.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
Bless the Harts (Fox) 11-11:45 a.m., Indigo Ballroom
Veronica Mars (Hulu) 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
Fear the Walking Dead (AMC) Noon-1 p.m., Hall H
DC Super Hero Girls (Cartoon Network) 12:30-1:30 p.m., Room 6DE
The Walking Dead (AMC) 1-2 p.m., Hall H
Rick and Morty (Adult Swim) 1-1:45 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
The Witcher (Netflix) 2:15-3 p.m., Hall H
Solar Opposites (Hulu) 3-3:45 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Legacies (CW) 3:15-4:15 p.m., Room 6BCF
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (Netflix) 3:30-5:15 p.m., Hall H
The Boys (Amazon) 3:30-4:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
Bob's Burgers (Fox) 4-4:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
The Terror: Infamy (AMC) 4:45-5:35 p.m., Room 6A
Carnival Row (Amazon) 4:45-5:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
Archer (FXX) 5 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Pennyworth (Epix) 4:30-5:30 p.m., Room 6BCF
Game of Thrones (HBO) 5:30-6:30 p.m., Hall H
What Just Happened (Fox) 5:30-6:30 p.m., Room 6DE
The Rook (Starz) 5:45-7 p.m., Room 6A
The Rookie (ABC) 6-7 p.m., Horton Grand Theatre
Next (Fox) 6:45-7:45 p.m., Room 6DE
Preacher (AMC) 7-8 p.m., Hall H
•ABC/Disney TV Studios/FX Networks/National Geographic party. Pendry Pool House, 435 5th Ave., 8-11 p.m., invitation only/RSVP required.
• YouTube party. 8-11 p.m. at the Provisional Kitchen at the Pendry Hotel, 425 5th Ave., RSVP required.
• The Gotham Group annual lunch. 1-4 p.m., Revel Revel, 868 5th Ave., RSVP required.
• Bill Prady's annual mixer. 3-7 p.m. at the Hilton Bayfront Pool Club. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• BuzzFeed's annual bash. This year, celebrating The CW's Batwoman. 5-8 p.m., Altitude Sky Lounge at the Gaslamp Marriott, 660 K St. Invitation only, RSVP required.
• The Boys world premiere fan screening and party, sponsored by Amazon. The first two episodes will be screened ahead of its streaming debut. 7-11:30 p.m., located inside the Amazon Experience at MLK and 1st Ave. Must be 21+. Details.
• Warner Bros. TV Mixer. 7-9 p.m., Float Rooftop Bar at the Hard Rock, 207 5th Ave. RSVP required.
• Awesome Mixer Vol. 2. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. at Fluxx Nightclub, 500 4th Ave. Tickets ($35) required. Details.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
Batwoman (CW) 10:30-11:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
Project Blue Book (History) 11-11:50 a.m., Indigo Ballroom
Star Trek Universe (CBS All Access) Featuring Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Hall H
The Good Place (NBC) Noon-12:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
The Simpsons (Fox) Noon-12:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
American Dad and Family Guy (Fox) 1-2:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
The Expanse (Amazon) 1-1:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Westworld (HBO) 1:15-2:15 p.m., Hall H
The Orville (Fox) 2:30-3:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
Snowpiercer (TBS) 3-3:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Arrow (CW) 3:30-4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
Supergirl (CW) 4:15-5 p.m., Ballroom 20
The Man in the High Castle (Amazon) 4:15-5:15 p.m., Room 6A
Black Lightning (CW) 5-5:45 p.m., Ballroom 20
Wynonna Earp (Syfy) 5-5:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
NOS4A2 (AMC) 5:30-6:30, Room 6A
The Flash (CW) 5:45-6:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
The Magicians (Syfy) 6-6:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
What We Do in the Shadows (FX) 6:30 p..m., Room 6BCF
Titans, Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn (DC Universe) 7-9 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Ripley's Believe It or Not (Travel Channel) 4-4:50 p.m., Indigo Ballroom
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC) 7:45-8:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
• Amazon's Carnival Row party. 7-11:30 p.m., located within the Amazon Experience at MLK and 1st Ave. Must be 21+. Details.
• Entertainment Weekly's annual bash. 9 p.m., Float at the Hard Rock, 207 5th Ave. RSVP required.
• National Geographic and Nerd Nite celebrate Brain Games. 8-11 p.m., Soamar Terrace and Pool, 435 6th Ave.
• NBC party. 8-10 p.m., Adjacent to Tin Fish, 170 6th Ave. Invitation only, RSVP required.
SUNDAY, JULY 21
Supernatural (CW) 10:30-11:30 a.m., Hall H
Riverdale (CW) 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m., Hall H
Mayans MC (FX) 1-2 p.m., Hall H
Ghost Adventures (Travel Channel) 1-2 p.m., Room 7AB
• SDCC Unofficial Blog After Party. 6-9 p.m., the Dubliner, 554 4th Ave. Free.
• Amazon Prime Video Experience. The immersive 60,000-square-foot activation will feature LED screens with clips and live, show-specific performances taking place atop the multi-level tower. Inside, attendees receive collectible coins to be used within the interactive experience. 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Thursday-Sunday, at the corner of MLK and 1st Ave.
• The Batman Experience. The largest-ever collection of props, costumes and vehicles will be on display in the immersive pop-up museum. Located at the Comic-Con Museum in Balboa Park. Open Thursday-Sunday starting at 10 a.m. Free and no SDCC badge required.
• Brooklyn Nine-Nine Experience. Test your skills to join the 99th precinct with tasks to make the squad and more in the immersive experience. Thursday-Sunday at Gaslamp Square, between the Convention Center and Hard Rock Hotel in front of the Tin Fish restaurant.
• DeadQuarters. The official fan zone of The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, featuring a curated walk-through of settings from both series. Register here to beat the lines. MLK Promenade, in front of the Hilton Gaslamp Hotel at 4th Avenue and L Street. Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Fox Fan Fair. The activation features more than 24,000 square feet of fun. Located across from the New Children's Museum (at West Island Ave. and Front Street), the activation will feature twists on popular amusement park rides — all themed to the network's animated series. The free event will include a 70-foot-tall Ferris wheel, carnival games and free giveaways. Thursday noon-8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• FX Fearless Forum. Anchored by American Horror Story: 1984 — Face the Darkness activation. The immersive excursion features classic tropes of slasher horror, augmented by night vision goggles to turn up the terror. The installation will also feature activations for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and What We Do in the Shadows. 12-6 p.m. Thursday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m Friday and Saturday; and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday at the space adjacent to the Convention Center. Pre-register for an RFID badge at FXSDCC.com in advance.
• The Good Place diner. Visit the Interdimensional Hole of Pancakes as seen on the NBC comedy. Enjoy themed meals and feel what it's like for Michael to be truly powerless. Thursday-Sunday at Maryjane's Diner at the Hard Rock Hotel.
• HBO's Watchmen activation. Surprise in-world opportunity in the Gaslamp Quarter.
• Jean-Luc Picard: The First Duty Exhibit. Featuring props and costumes tracing the character's life and Starfleet career. 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at the Michael J. Wolf Fine Arts, 363 5th Ave. Free.
• Superstore's Cloud 9 pop-up. Beat the heat in the faux department store, located in the main lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. Thursday-Sunday.
• The Twilight Zone Experience. Thursday-Sunday at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park. Reserve free tickets at StepIntoTheTwilightZone.com.
• Vikings Battle Ax Training. Saturday at Throw It, 339 7th Ave., 11 a.m.- 9 p.m.
• Warner Bros. Experience. Walk through immersive experiences featuring Pokemon: Detective Pikachu and Shazam. Opens Wednesday at 5 p.m. and runs through Sunday, outside the Omni Hotel, 675 L St. Free.
Want to have your TV panel or SDCC party included in this guide? Email pitches to Lesley.Goldberg@THR.com.