7:00am PT by Jackie Strause
DeMario Jackson Plans to Attend 'Bachelorette,' 'Bachelor in Paradise' Reunion Shows
DeMario Jackson will be returning on Paradise, he confirmed over the weekend.
The Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise star will be attending the upcoming Paradise cast reunion show, along with the Bachelorette reunion show, The Men Tell All.
"I'm doing the Men Tell All for The Bachelorette and I'll be doing Paradise as well," he told TMZ when asked about attending the upcoming reunion shows Sunday. "I owe it to my castmates. They've been very supportive of me throughout this whole entire thing and I want to thank them all personally, face-to-face — give them all hugs and bro out or sis out, or whatever. They've been so helpful."
Jackson, 31, along with co-star Corinne Olympios, was at the center of a misconduct investigation that temporarily suspended production on the upcoming fourth season of Bachelor spinoff Bachelor in Paradise. The producers of the hit ABC franchise concluded that no misconduct took place and resumed filming on the series late last month.
Though Olympios announced that she would not be returning to the series, Jackson had left the door open for a possible return. It's unclear if he will be returning at any point during the series, aside from the reunion show that has yet to be filmed. (WBTV did not immediately return a request for comment.)
"I don't think you guys understand the support that I've had from castmates and producers," he continued Sunday. "I just want to give them all a big old hug and tell them how much I love them."
Jackson's attendance at the upcoming Men Tell All reunion comes as little surprise, as the castoffs are contracted to attend the annual event, hosted by Chris Harrison. Jackson was eliminated on the third episode of Rachel Lindsay's current season, after a woman claimed to the Bachelorette that she was still involved with Jackson. Jackson denied the woman's claims during a later interview with E! News.
Olympios, 25, who debuted on the franchise during Nick Viall's season of The Bachelor, said she declined an invitation to return to Paradise, but it's unclear if that includes the reunion show. If she is also present when Jackson returns for the special, he says he's a "very forgiving" person and has no plans to confront her.
"That's not who I am as a person. I'm not one of those petty people," he said. "I'll wait for her to [bring it up to me]. If she wants to come up to me, we can talk on camera. We can talk offline. Whether it's [at the reunion show] or in the future, 10 years from now."
He added that he would "love to talk to her" and has "nothing but love for her and her family."
The situation that was under investigation was a sexual incident between the pair, who had both been drinking on the show's Sayulita, Mexico, set. Of the ongoing investigation, which became a national story, Olympios said she was "a victim" and Jackson said his character had been "assassinated."
When producers returned to set, THR reported they were discussing how the show would handle the controversy and the airing of the footage leading up to the shutdown, which includes Jackson and Olympios. Cameras were rolling for three days before production came to a halt and the incident occurred on the first day of filming.
Since WBTV said it does not intend to release the tape of the actual incident, it is likely that the encounter between the pair would be cut from the episodes. WBTV did not comment on whether any footage of Jackson and Olympios otherwise would be included in what does make it to air.
Bachelor in Paradise will air later this summer on ABC. The series was initially set to bow Aug. 8 and producers have every incentive to hit the date, or as close to it as possible. The filming schedule concluded after the July Fourth holiday weekend, with a handful of the original castmembers documenting their return to the U.S. on their social media accounts.