9:23am PT by Jethro Nededog
'Fred: The Show's' Rachel Crow: 5 Things You Didn't Know About Me (Guest Blog)
The X Factor’s Rachel Crow has started her journey to big things since signing a record contract with Columbia records and a TV deal with Nickelodeon.
Her first stop is a recurring role on Nick’s Fred: The Show starting with Friday’s episode at 8 p.m. She plays the appropriately named Starr, Fred’s (Lucas Cruikshank) eccentric classmate who dreams of becoming a famous actress and singer.
The 14-year-old took some time out of her busy acting and recording schedule to write a guest blog for The Hollywood Reporter. Here are five things you didn’t know about Rachel Crow.
1. In Colorado, I live on a farm where we have all kinds of animals. I have two miniature donkeys named Blossom and Gabby. We also have a llama named Roy and I have lots of chickens! My family has had a lot of pets including four horses, a camel named Dalton and even a reindeer!
2. I love Eminem. Before I perform, I always listen to "Lose Yourself." The lyrics and the music really pump me up and get me going. I’m amped up when I hit the stage and I’m ready to give the audience everything I have.
3. Just as The X-Factor auditions were starting, I got booked to do a movie. For the movie audition, everyone was asked to perform a song so I sang "I Am Changing" by Jennifer Hudson. When I was finished performing, I was offered the part on the spot! It was such a surreal moment. Ultimately, I had to decide between The X-Factor and the movie. While I was so grateful to have been cast in the film, I chose to do The X-Factor and that decision put me on an incredible course where all of my dreams are coming true. I’m so blessed and thankful for all the opportunities that come my way.
4. I love four wheeling! I started riding when I was really young and I got my very own ATV for Christmas when I was seven-years-old. Four wheeling is so much fun! It’s a rush and so freeing. Plus, it’s an activity I can do with my family on our farm in Colorado.
5. The first song I remember singing was "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride. When I was five-years-old, I told my mom that I wanted to sing in my school’s talent show and, thankfully, she said, ‘Yes!’ I remember being so nervous during my performance that I started playing with the bows on my dress until my finger got stuck in the ribbon. It was nerve-wracking but I made it through without forgetting any of the lyrics. The audience’s reaction to my performance was very positive, and that was the moment I knew I wanted to pursue singing professionally.
By Rachel Crow.
Fred: The Show airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on Nickelodeon. Watch a sneak peek of Crow as Starr below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro