'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Alex and Cristina Get Real
Meanwhile, Bailey confronts her peers as she worries about her future with the hospital.
[Warning: This story contains spoilers from Thursday's "Sleeping Monster" episode of Grey's Anatomy.]
With only three remaining episodes to go in its ninth season, ABC's Grey's Anatomy upped the stakes for three of its central characters Thursday.
During the "Sleeping Monster" episode, Bailey (Chandra Wilson) is under the microscope after two of her patients contracted an infection and died, putting all of Grey Sloan Memorial on alert as the CDC is on the case.
Meanwhile, Owen (Kevin McKidd) continues to support one of the cutest kids ever as both his parents remain hospitalized and his grandmother arrives.
Here are the five biggest reveals from the hour.
1. Pegasus still sucks: Bailey may have a staph infection, but she wasn't the source of the strain that ultimately led to the death of three of her patients. The CDC's probe discovers that the cheap surgical gloves were the origin of the strain, and once Bailey's infection is under control, she'll be reinstated. However, the damage is done after nearly all of the hospital owners are forced to distance themselves from her. She winds up lashing out at Webber (James Pickens), who threw her under the bus in order to get a patient's parents to sign off on a surgery, noting that he cares more about the hospital than trying to protect her. "You were a drunk and operated on your patients drunk and I stood by you," she tells him. "You are not who I thought you were." Low blow, Bailey.
2. April and
Jackson Matthew sitting in a tree: Upset that Matthew (Justin Bruening) dumped her, April (Sarah Drew) rips Jackson (Jesse Williams) for taking her v-card. After coming up on the losing end of nearly every argument with his staff, Jackson winds up telling her that he's never going to be sorry they slept together. Just as the sparks seem to be back between them, Matthew returns to ask for -- and receive -- a do-over. Did we catch some lingering feelings for April during that embrace with Matthew? Fine, we'll say it: #TeamJApril.
3. Meredith wants Cristina to watch her poop: Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) finally convinces Cristina (Sandra Oh) to be in the delivery room when she (attempts) to give birth sans drugs -- which is something Owen wouldn't have to think twice about. (We'll admit it: Hearing Alex, Meredith and Cristina all say "poop on the table" had us giggling like a teenager.)
4. Oh, baby: Speaking of Owen and Cristina, there's real trouble ahead for the on-again, off-again couple. As Owen continues to grow more attached to young Ethan -- opting to remain at the hospital instead of going home to be with his ex-wife -- Cristina makes a startling confession to Alex. "I think I'm losing Owen; not today but soon," she says. We can only hope that Ethan's grandmother is in good health and his father pulls through, otherwise we fear Owen could end up being a single parent.
5. Alex's person? He tried to deny it for what felt like for ever, but Alex (Justin Chambers) finally confesses -- to Cristina in an amazingly awesome scene -- that loves Jo (Camilla Luddington). "I always screw myself out of everything good," he tells Cris after earning Jo's wrath for telling her boyfriend that she used to be a homeless foster child. Can't wait to see how her d-bag boyfriend -- whom she's poised to move in with -- actually responds as we're guessing he had no idea about her formative years until Alex spilled the beans.
What did you think about Thursday's Grey's Anatomy? Are you worried about Owen and Cristina? Happy that Alex finally owned up to his feelings for Jo? Is she even right for him? Hit the comments below with your thoughts. Grey's Anatomy airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR