9:15am PT by Josh Wigler
'The Handmaid's Tale' Guide: The Definitive Resource for Season 2
June Osborne (Elisabeth Moss) has stepped into the night, cloaked in the red hues of her Gilead station, with an eye toward demolishing that station forever. With its final episode of the second season, Hulu's Handmaid's Tale has changed its status quo, with serious strides toward rebellion, leaving fans wondering exactly what lies ahead when the show returns for season three.
With that said, a third season is still a way's off, which means plenty of time to return to all that's come before. Anyone in need of an additional Handmaid's Tale fix, look no further than our full roundup of all of our season two coverage, from interviews and opinion pieces written before the season premiere to all of our weekly glimpses into the series and beyond.
Under Hulu's Eye
The Hollywood Reporter kept a careful watch on all things Handmaid's in the days, weeks and months leading up to the season two premiere. Here's all of our coverage from before the season, starting with the TCA Winter Press Tour in January, through the final days heading into the first new episode of 2018.
• The Handmaid's Tale Season 2 Trailer: The World of Hulu's Dystopian Drama Expands
• Handmaid's Team Previews "Darker' Season 2, Announces Marisa Tomei's Guest-Starring Role
• Bruce Miller on how Handmaid's Remains Relevant in a Trump and #MeToo World
• Cherry Jones Joins Season 2 as June's Mother
• Alexis Bledel Enters the Colonies in Season 2 First Look Photo
• How Offred/June's Pregnancy Will Impact Season 2
• The Handmaid's Tale Season 2: The THR TV Review
• Where Everyone Left Off and What's Next in Season 2
• Inside the Fiery Hollywood Premiere of Handmaid's Tale Season 2
• Handmaid's Cast Previews "Relentless" Second Season: "It Doesn't Let Up"
• Ann Dowd and Cast Discuss the Political Relevance of Season 2
The Season of June
Over the course of season two, THR spoke with various members of the Handmaid's cast and crew, from series lead Elisabeth Moss, to her Emmy-nominated co-stars like Alexis Bledel and Yvonne Strahovski, as well as several key creatives from behind the scenes: director Jeremy Podeswa, writer Yahlin Chang, and more. Here's our full weekly coverage of season two.
• 201: How The Handmaid's Tale Season 2 Premiere Answered a Cliffhanger More than 30 Years in the Making
• 201: Elisabeth Moss on Season 2 Premiere's "Message of Empowerment"
• 202: Alexis Bledel Reveals How Season 2 "Doles Out Justice"
• 203: Handmaid's Tale Team Goes Inside That "Realistic" and "Disappointing" Twist
• 203: Samira Wiley and O-T Fagbenle on Moira and Luke's Survivor's Guilt
• 205: Elisabeth Moss and Bruce Miller on the "Death" of June and the Power of Silence
• 205: Max Minghella Breaks Down That "Abhorrent" Wedding Scene
• 206: How the Explosive Twist Leads to an "Absolutely Horrible" Future
• 207: How Handmaid's Tale Reacted to its Most Destructive Moment Yet
• 208: Yvonne Strahovski on Filming Her Most "Devastating" Scene to Date
• 209: How the Gilead Get Away Came Together
• 210: How That Heartbreaking Reunion Highlight's America's Border Crisis
• 210: "The Last Ceremony" Writer Explains Episode's Most Brutal Scene
• 211: Oprah Winfrey Appears in Powerful and Patriotic Cameo
• 211: Inside the Biggest Battle for Survival Yet
• 212: How Handmaid's Tale Just Set the Stage for its "Powerful" Season 2 Finale
Burning Down the House
The season two finale, "The Word," completely reframed the status quo for The Handmaid's Tale as it begins to prepare for its third season. With that in mind, THR spoke extensively with all the power players involved in the finale's divisive ending. Additionally, THR critic Dan Fienberg weighed in with his take on the season finale. His review, and more, all collected below.
• 213: "The Word" Recap, Featuring Words From Elisabeth Moss, Yvonne Strahovski and More
• 213: Showrunner Bruce Miller Delivers a Season Finale Deep Dive
• 213: Yvonne Strahovski Explains What's Next For Serena
• 213: Executive Producer Warren Littlefield on Season 3: "We're Ready to Hit the Next Dimension"
• 213: Bruce Miller Defends the Divisive Finale
• 213: Elisabeth Moss Weighs in on June/Offred's Season 3 Future
• 213: Critic's Notebook: 'Handmaid's Tale' Finale a Case of Brilliant Acting, Frustrating Storytelling
• 213: Nine Burning Questions for Season Three
Blessed be the Additional Coverage
Not enough Handmaid's Tale for you already? Below, find even more of our coverage of the Hulu drama from the past several months, including additional interviews with the cast and crew of the show, an overview of the series' current Emmy standings, and more.
• TV Critic Debate: The Handmaid's Tale and the Art of the Successful Sophomore Season
• Handmaid's Tale Renewed For Season 3
• Bruce Miller Inks Overall Deal at Hulu
• Elisabeth Moss Explains "Freak-Out Moment" Over Handmaid's Tale Fan Oprah Winfrey
• Margaret Atwood Talks Handmaid's Tale Emmy Excitement and Her Huge TV Year
• Yvonne Strahovski Talks Rehearsing the "Confronting" Scenes in Season 2
• Sydney Sweeney on Becoming "Such Good Friends" With Co-Star Max Minghella
• Bruce Miller on Hiring Women Writers "Who are Honest and Stubborn"
• Music supervisor Maggie Phillips on Making the Soundtrack So Creepy
• Editors Behind Handmaid's Tale Reveal How They Crafted Intense Scenes
• Handmaid's Tale Cinematographer on Shooting "Epic and Intimate" Scenes
• Emmys: All the Nominations Handmaid's Tale Received
Keep it locked into THR.com/HandmaidsTale in the months ahead for more coverage.