3:02pm PT by THR staff
Harry Connick Jr.'s Syndicated Talk Show Canceled
Harry Connick Jr.'s days as a syndicated talk show host are coming to an end.
NBCUniversal Television Distribution has decided to end the daytime talker Harry after two seasons.
“Harry is ending its run after two seasons. Harry is a phenomenal talent and it’s been a great partnership working with the Fox Stations and other supportive groups on this truly unique show,” an NBCU TV Distribution spokesperson said Friday in a statement.
The series, produced by Fox Television Stations, will continue to tape and air new episodes through September.
“I have truly loved doing this show and appreciate your welcoming me into your homes every single day," said Connick. "I’m incredibly proud of the show we produced over the past two seasons. We tried to create a safe place where families could gather to be entertained, uplifted and inspired and where we could celebrate everyday women who work hard to make our world a better place. I am truly grateful for the opportunity and will continue to find avenues to uplift our country.”
Harry launched in September 2016 on Fox-owned stations. Fox Television Studios renewed the show — which ran in 17 markets — last year, but it failed to catch on. Harry becomes the latest short-run syndicated show as the daytime space continues to struggle to launch hits. Connick joins a roster of big names who have tried their hand at the syndicated daytime space, including Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper and former Today co-anchor Meredith Vieira, whose talk show, like Harry, hailed from NBCUniversal Domestic Television Distribution. The Meredith Vieira Show was axed in 2016 after two seasons.
Former American Idol judge Connick, meanwhile, will be returning to Broadway to star in The Sting.
Variety was first to report the cancellation.