CBS Pulls Tornado-Themed 'Mike & Molly' Finale
Due to events in Oklahoma, the network will air a repeat in its place.
CBS is pulling the tornado-themed Mike & Molly season finale off the air.
“Due to the tragic events this afternoon in Oklahoma, we are pre-empting tonight’s season finale of Mike & Molly, which has a related storyline," CBS said in a statement.
Originally scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Monday, the third-season closer featured a tornado hitting Chicago. Here's the official description for the finale: "Mike and Carl get stuck working at the Renaissance Faire after their boss, Patrick, gets dumped by Mike's mother. Later, as a tornado descends on Chicago, Mike and Molly each confess important news to each other."
Instead, a Mike & Molly repeat will air in its place. The season finale will be broadcast "at an appropriate date."
A two-mile-wide tornado hit suburbs of Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompted by a severe storm system that hit the area Sunday.
CBS renewed Mike & Molly for a fourth season, which will receive a midseason premiere.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR