'Pretty Little Liars': Ravenswood Makes Its Debut
In "Under the Gun," Toby and Spencer venture out of Rosewood to solve an Alison mystery but get more than they've bargained for.
[Warning: Spoilers from Tuesday's episode, "Under the Gun."]
Ravenswood made its debut on Pretty Little Liars after weeks of buildup.
The town that lies just around the corner from Rosewood, Pa., was front and center on the latest episode of the ABC Family drama, "Under the Gun." After getting a clue about a former sorority house mother, Mrs. Grunwald (Meg Foster), and her possible tie to Alison (Sasha Pieterse), Spencer (Troian Bellisario) and Toby (Keegan Allen) take off for Ravenswood with the hope of finding answers.
When the duo cross city lines, the color scheme changes to a noir-inspired look and feel -- a far cry from vibrant Rosewood. When Spencer asks for directions, she is ignored. Toby, meanwhile, spots someone (could it be Mrs. Grunwald?) staring at them through the blinds. Getting a sense that they aren't welcome, Toby and Spencer leave for their second stop of the day: Mrs. Grunwald's home.
To say Spencer strikes out again is an understatement. The groundskeeper denies knowing Mrs. Grunwald, but as Spencer leaves, he's seen calling someone on his flip phone. Moments later, Spencer spots Mrs. Grunwald getting her hair done at a local barbershop and asks about Vivian/Alison -- in response to which Mrs. Grunwald denies, denies, denies. "I'm not who you think I am," she says uneasily. Doesn't everyone say this on Pretty Little Liars?
Spencer hears a town-wide song playing on the loudspeakers and sees some of the townspeople gathered around a statue. But who is that? It's Shana (Aerial Miranda)! They attempt to follow her after seeing Shana jump into Jenna's car, but a dead raven hits Spencer and Toby's windshield.
Here are the other major developments from Tuesday's episode:
- Hanna's mom, Ashley (Laura Leighton), ends up getting arrested for suspicion that she had something to do with Detective Wilden's murder.
- Aria is confronted by one of Mike's friends, Connor, about her relationship with high school teacher Ezra. To make matters worse, Ezra (Ian Harding) hears the conversation go down in the boys' locker room.
- "A" is seen wearing an Emily (Shay Mitchell) mask holding up a "Guilty" sign, which isn't the footage on the CD that Emily left at the Rosewood police station. Who is framing her?
Are you intrigued by the town of Ravenswood?
Pretty Little Liars airs 8 p.m. Tuesdays on ABC Family.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game