'Smash' Reunion: Megan Hilty to Co-Star in 'Sean Saves the World'
She'll reunite with Sean Hayes, who had a multi-episode arc on the second season of NBC's Broadway drama.
Megan Hilty wasn't singing the blues for too long after NBC canceled Smash.
The Broadway star has found her follow-up gig, joining the cast of the network's freshman comedy Sean Saves the World, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, the casting reunites Hilty with star Sean Hayes -- who had a multi-episode arc on the second season of Smash. During his run on the Broadway drama, Hayes played Terry Falls, an insecure actor making his stage debut in a play where Hilty's Ivy co-starred.
Sean Saves the World centers on a guy figuring out how to parent his teenage daughter -- who just moved in with him -- while dealing with a temperamental new boss (Thomas Lennon) at work.
Hilty, who on Sunday at the Tony Awards sang about the pratfalls of being a Broadway actor on a canceled TV show, will replace Lindsay Sloane in the comedy and play Liz, Sean's (Hayes) best friend and colleague.
Sean Saves the World will join NBC's new Thursday comedy lineup and air at 9 p.m. in the fall. NBC canceled Smash -- which marked Hilty's first series regular role -- after two seasons in May.
The recasting marks the latest this season at NBC, with Jenna Elfman filling the role of Parker Posey in the network's freshman comedy from DJ Nash.
Hilty is repped by Gersh and Perennial Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR