11:48am PT by Erin Carlson
Tim Tebow on 'GMA': 5 Revelations From the Robin Roberts Interview
Since Tim Tebow broke out as the NFL's most-watched, biggest-hyped new star, the 24-year-old phenom has switched teams (from Denver Broncos to the New York Jets), launched a wildly popular internet meme (Tebowing) and found himself a tabloid target (see: rumors he's dating Taylor Swift and Glee's Dianna Agron).
On Thursday's Good Morning America, co-anchor Robin Roberts debuted footage of her sitdown with Tebow and his mother, Pam. The always-unflappable Roberts was clearly starstruck by the football star, pulling back from a question about whether he wanted to settle down with a serious girlfriend.
Here are five revelations from the GMA interview, starting with Roberts:
1. Roberts, one of THR's 35 Most Powerful People in Media, is drinking the Tebow Kool-Aid, big time. She seemed enamored of the polarizing quarterbuck, who many NFL fans (or haters?) think has yet to live up to the hype; many, many others believe he's a breath of fresh air for the sport. Witness Roberts temporarily lose her interview mojo while asking Tebow about his love life, saying: "I'm not good at these things! As you can tell, I'm not one of those reporters! I'm terrible at this!"
2. For the record, Tebow is not dating Swift or Agron, with whom he recently had a 10-minute conversation at a party. "Half the rumors, I've never even met the people, and I'm sure they would be lovely," he said of being linked to various celebrities.
3. Tebow's trademark humility remains intact. "The fans are so passionate, and I'm so passionate," he said of joining the New York Jets. "I feel like it's going to be a great mix there, and I'm really looking forward to building a relationship with my teammates and just going in there and trying to earn those guys' respect, one day at a time."
4. His siblings nicknamed him "Timmy the Tumor" -- before he was born. "At the beginning of (my mom's) pregnancy with me, they thought I was a tumor. And so when I was born, and old enough to remember, they always called me Timmy the Tumor," he said, laughing.
5. It is very likely that Quarterback Tim Tebow will one day be Preacher Tim Tebow. When Roberts asked whether he wanted to be a pastor (like his father), Tebow -- who's saving himself for marriage -- didn't exactly avoid the question. "I don't know. I don't know what my future holds. I'm gonna love playing football for as long as I can but there's a lot of other things that I would love to accomplish," he said.