TV Ratings: 'Falling Skies' Return Dips, Posting Modest Demo Gains
The TNT drama opens its third season down slightly from last summer's run.
Game of Thrones it's not, but TNT's Falling Skies saw a relatively steady return on Sunday night.
The sci-fi drama, airing a two-hour premiere, averaged 4.2 million viewers. That's down 300,000 from last summer's return. Among the demos, Falling Skies did post some growth in adults 18-49. An average 1.9 million in the group was up slightly from last year (1.87 million), with the projected median age for the episode skewing two years younger (47) from last year.
With TNT's targeted adults 25-54, Falling Skies was down slightly from 2.2 million to 2.1 million.
Falling Skies faced big competition on its premiere night with the Game of Thrones finale on HBO and ABC's coverage of the NBA Finals.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR