TV Ratings: 'Saturday Night Live' Gets a Small Boost With Kristen Wiig
The season's penultimate episode grows with a preliminary 2.7 rating among adults 18-49.
Saturday Night Live heads into its season finale with a small uptick in ratings.
According to overnight returns, this week's episode, which saw Kristen Wiig return to the series for her first hosting gig, earned a 2.7 rating among adults 18-49 in the the 25 markets with local people meters. That's up two tenths of a point from the most recent original hosted by Zach Galifinakis.
The telecast was up by the same measure in metered-market households, averaging a 4.6 rating and 12 share. SNL topped all broadcast programming for the night, including ABC's NBA playoff coverage and NASCAR on Fox.
Ben Affleck and Kanye West close out SNL's 38th season next week. Finales tend to bring a boost for the series, though last year's ender with Mick Jager averaged just a 2.7 rating in the targeted demo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting