9:11am PT by Michael O'Connell
TV Ratings: ABC Tops Key Demo, 'Happy Endings' Hits Series Highs
Game 6 of the World Series was supposed to be a big night for Fox -- so big, most networks filled the night with reruns. But a rain delay forced Fox to air back-to-back repeats of Glee, leaving the door wide open for the night's only original offerings to score big.
ABC, which only aired one repeat (Modern Family), topped the night in the 18-49 demo, taking home a 3.3 rating with an average audience of 10.6 million viewers. New episodes of The Middle (11.2 million, 3.1) and Suburgatory (9.8 million, 3.4) were both up, with Happy Endings (8.3 million, 3.5) hitting all-time highs in viewers and adults 18-49. Revenge (8.7 million, 2.8) also outperformed other networks in the demo.
PHOTOS: 10 Showrunners to Watch in 2012
On CBS, a new episode of Survivor (11.6 million, 3.4) gained from last Wednesday, but pushed the network to edge out ABC in viewers. Overall, the network placed second with an average demo of 2.7.
NBC followed in third, averaging a 0.9 in 18-49, with a rerun of Whitney (1.2) as its strongest performer. Fox and the CW both tied with a 0.7, a new episode of America's Next Top Model being the only series of the two to break out of decimals to score a 1.0.
ABC - 3.3
- The Middle: 10.2 million, 3.1
- Suburgatory: 9.8 million, 3.4
- Modern Family (R): 11.4 million, 4.4
- Happy Endings: 8.3 million, 3.5
- Revenge: 8.7 million, 2.8
CBS - 2.7
- Survivor: South Pacific: 11.6 million, 3.4
- Criminal Minds (R): 11.3 million, 2.8
- CSI (R): 9.0 million, 2.0
NBC - 0.9
- Up All Night (R): 3.8 million, 1.1
- Whitney (R): 4.1 million, 1.2
- Harry's Law (R): 4.4 million, 0.8
- Prime Suspect (R): 3.5 million, 0.8
Fox - 0.7
- Glee (R): 2.5 million, 0.7
- Glee (R): 2.3 million, 0.7
CW - 0.7
- Ringer (R): 1.3 million, 0.4
- America's Next Top Model: 2.3 million, 1.0