USA Orders 'Summer Camp' Reality Series From 'Big Brother' Producers
The eight-episode series is the fourth unscripted effort greenlighted by the network.
USA Network is continuing to expand its reality slate.
Joining upcoming unscripted series The Moment, The Choir and Partners in Crime on the network's schedule is the eight-episode Summer Camp from Big Brother producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Premiering this summer, the Fly on the Wall Entertainment/Sony TV production sends die-hard campers back to the most cherished place of their youth for the thrill of a lifetime. Viewers will meet 16 adults from all walks of life, including a fanatic hunter, a former nerd-turned-supermodel and a vegan yoga instructor. Campers will compete in over-the-top competitions inspired by classic camp games, and at the end of the summer, those remaining will face off in the Olympic-style "Campathalon."
“This series marries a fun, energizing and nostalgic concept with quirky characters, who will captivate our viewers, as they attempt to reclaim – or perhaps reinvent – their youth,” said Heather Olander, senior vp alternative programming for USA Network. “Our audience will be transported back to some of their best summer moments. We are excited to chronicle this adventure with Fly on the Wall Entertainment, one of the leading storytellers in this genre.”
In April, USA will debut the Kurt Warner-hosted The Moment, and the network recently shot the pilot for Bride or Best Man (working title), highlighting a trip down the aisle, with a second in production, All In (working title).
For Grodner and Meehan's part, they continue to oversee CBS' long-running reality series Big Brother, which heads into its 15th season this summer. They have developed, created and produced hundreds of hours of unscripted programming, including Style Network's Big Rich franchise.
USA's sister network NBC has a similarly-themed scripted series, Camp, from Deception's Liz Heldens and starring Brothers and Sisters alum Rachel Griffiths that will launch this summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game