Usher Defends Justin Bieber on 'Ellen' (Video)
When asked about his former protege's recent travails, "The Voice" judge says: "I'm hoping for the best."
Justin Bieber might be rich, famous and the object of adoration for his legions of swooning fans, but lately, the 19-year-old pop star has been taking more than a few hits in his personal and professional lives.
Last week, he was booed on stage while accepting his Milestone Award at the Billboard Music Awards. Then, on Sunday night, cops were called to Bieber's Calabasas, Calif., home, after multiple individuals (including former NFL player Keyshawn Johnson) called to complain about his allegedly reckless driving. And let's not forget his "Euro Crisis."
Bieber's mentor, Usher, appeared on Wednesday's Ellen, to talk about judging The Voice. But the conversation also turned to the teen idol and his public travails.
"I'm hoping for the best," said Usher. "I don't look at it as a negative though. I look at it as a teenager. He's a teenager having to live his life in front of a camera. Imagine if you had to do that as a teenager."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR