5:00am PT by Josh Wigler
Week in 'Game of Thrones': All Aboard the Jon Targaryen Train
There are still two episodes left this season on HBO's Game of Thrones, and eight episodes overall before the show ends for good — but one big question about the Iron Throne has been already answered.
In this past week's installment, "Eastwatch," Gilly (Hannah Murray) casually dropped one of the single most important reveals we've ever experienced on the show: Jon Snow (Kit Harington) is a legitimate Targaryen, the product of the official marriage of Lyanna Stark and Prince Rhaegar. That means of all the contenders for the Iron Throne, Jon Snow is the one with the best claim. It's yet another feather in the cap of a man with a long list of unspoken titles, but is it a feather he wants? That's a question for another day.
Read on for all of The Hollywood Reporter's coverage of the big Jon Snow news, the return of Gendry (Joe Dempsie), the family changes for Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and all of our other assorted coverage of the week in Thrones.
News From Westeros
• Game of Thrones Just Set the Stage for Its Most Important Battle Yet
• Game of Thrones Casually Dropped a Legitimate Jon Snow Shocker
• Showrunners Discuss the White Walker War Plan
• Brienne and Arya Duel in Star Wars Parody
• New Episode Leaks
• Star Expects Thrones to Ditch Digital Scripts After HBO Hack
• Peter Dinklage Asks Fans to Stop Buying Huskies Because They Look Like Direwolves
• Joe Dempsie on Returning as Gendry
• Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on Jaime's Emotional News
• Jerome Flynn on Bronn Wrangling Lions and Battling Dragons
• Director Matt Shakman on Walking the Line of War and Reveals
• Director of Photography Reveals Loot Train Battle War Stories
• Seven Key Scenes From "Eastwatch"
• Ranking the Eastwatch Eight's Death Odds
• Podcast: What's Happening in Winterfell?
• What Gendry's Return Means for Game of Thrones' End Game
• What an Early George R.R. Martin Outline Means for the End
Follow THR.com/GameOfThrones all season long for news, interviews, theories and more.