Cannes: 'Dheepan' Wins the Palme d'Or
At the awards ceremony, best actress went to Rooney Mara for 'Carol' and Emmanuelle Bercot for 'Mon Roi,' while Vincent Lindon won for best actor.
Cannes: 'Rams' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Isabella Rossellini led the jury for the Cannes sidebar, which also gave awards to 'The High Sun' and 'Journey to the Shore.'
Cannes: 'Son of Saul,' 'Masaan' Take Fipresci Prizes
Critics' Week winner 'Paulina' also picks up another award.
Cannes: Thierry Fremaux Blames "Flatgate" Controversy on "One Security Guard"
The festival director says more scrutiny was placed on Cannes than any other film event, including the Oscars, and weighed in on the debate over the number of female directors in the selection.
Cannes: 'By Sidney Lumet' Doc Captures the Helmer's Radical, American Vision
Nancy Buirski's film on the director of '12 Angry Men' and 'Dog Day Afternoon' premiered at the Cannes festival.
Cannes: THR Critics Pick Their 10 Favorite Films (So Far)
Standouts at the midway point include a lesbian love story, a harrowing Auschwitz-set thriller, a dystopian satire starring a potbellied Colin Farrell and new diversions from Woody Allen and Pixar.
- Cannes: Hungarian Film Fund CEO Praises 'Son of Saul' Grand Prix Win
- Critic's Notebook: With Cannes Prizes, Coen Brothers Keep It Weird
- Cannes: Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell, Amy Poehler Weigh in on Selfies Ban (Video)
- Cannes: Karlie Kloss Talks Starring in Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" Music Video
- Cannes: THR's Chief Film Critic Todd McCarthy Names Best and Worst Films of the Festival (Video)
- Cannes: Inside the amfAR Gala With Kendall Jenner, Jourdan Dunn and Tom Ford
Hollywood's First Female Exec and First Black Oscar-Winning Screenwriter Discuss Industry's Diversity Problems (Podcast)
‘Harold and Lillian: A Hollywood Love Story’: Cannes Review
Documentarist Daniel Raim tells the story of storyboard artist Harold Michelson and his wife, film researcher Lillian Michelson, who worked on innumerable movies in Hollywood's golden age
'Arabian Nights — Volume 3: The Enchanted One' ('As mil e uma noites — Volume 3, o encantado'): Cannes Review
The closing part of Miguel Gomes's ambitious trilogy again stars Crista Alfaiate as Scheherazade
‘Much Loved’: Cannes Review
Director Nabil Ayouch realistically portrays the humiliations and joie de vivre of four Moroccan prostitutes.
‘Masaan’: Cannes Review
India’s modern and traditional sides face off in two interlocking love stories
‘Learn by Heart’ ('La Vie en Grand'): Cannes Review
French d.p. Mathieu Vadepied ('The Intouchables') makes his directing debut with this tale of life in the Parisian ghetto, starring non-pro child actors Balamine Guirassy and Ali Bidanessy
- ‘Visit or Memories and Confessions’: Cannes Review
- 'Ice and the Sky' ('La Glace et le Ciel'): Cannes Review
- ‘Macbeth’: Cannes Review
- 'Arabian Nights — Volume 2: The Desolate One' ('As mil e uma noites — Volume 2, o desolado'): Cannes Review
- ‘Gerard Depardieu: Larger Than Life’ (‘Depardieu grandeur nature’): Cannes Review