- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hunger Games has found another tribute.
Lionsgate announced Tuesday that actress Amanda Plummer is set to join sequel Catching Fire as Wiress. A female tribute from District 3, forced to compete in the Hunger Games again during the Quarter Quell, Wiress’ eccentricity and silence prompts her fellow competitors to nickname her “Nuts.” Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), however, recognizes her value as an ally.
Plummer, best known for roles in Pulp Fiction and The Fisher King, is a Emmy and Tony winner.
She joins previously announced cast member Philip Seymour Hoffman, on board to play Plutarch Heavensbee. Jena Malone has also been offered the key role of Johanna Mason, another returning tribute.
Francis Lawrence is set to direct Catching Fire, with a September start date eyed for the filming. Lionsgate has scheduled the film for a Nov. 22, 2013, release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day