- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amanda Seyfried is in negotiations to join the cast of Seth MacFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West, the filmmaker’s follow-up feature to his hit Ted.
If a deal is made, Seyfried will join Charlize Theron and MacFarlane, who is starring in, directing and co-writing the Western comedy with modern sensibilities.
MRC is behind the movie, and Scott Stuber is producing with MacFarlane.
Million Ways follows a sheepish farmer who chickens out of a gunfight and sees his girlfriend leave him. When he meets a notorious outlaw’s wife (Theron) who offers to teach him how to shoot, the farmer sees a chance to win back his love.
Seyfried would play the deserting girlfriend.
A May production start is being eyed.
Seyfried is coming off playing Cosette in Universal and Working Title’s Oscar-nominated adaptation of Les Miserables. She also has the much-buzzed-about Linda Lovelace biopic, Lovelace, awaiting release. The movie premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Seyfried is repped by Innovative and Frankfurt Kurnit.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
West Side Story
The Harder They Fall