- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Adams has landed the iconic role of journalist Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures.
Adams joins Henry Cavill, Diane Lane and Kevin Costner on the production, which will be directed by Zack Snyder.
“Second only to Superman himself, the question of who will play Lois Lane is arguably what fans have been most curious about,” Snyder said in a statement Sunday. “So we are excited to announce the casting of Amy Adams, one of the most versatile and respected actresses in films today. Amy has the talent to capture all of the qualities we love about Lois: smart, tough, funny, warm, ambitious and, of course, beautiful.”
Adams will join Phyllis Coates, Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth as actresses who have played the iconic Lane.
Superman: Man of Steel is currently set for a December 2012 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day