- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anchor Bay Films has acquired North American rights to the Australian 3D action-horror film Bait.
Xavier Samuel, Sharni Vinson, Adrian Pang, Qi Yuwu, Phoebe Tonkin, Dan Wyllie and Julian McMahon star in the story of shoppers in an underground supermarket who become trapped with a human killer and a bunch of great white sharks after a tsunami hits. Gary Hamilton, Todd Fellman and Peter Barber produced the Arclight Films horror show.
“Bait in 3D is the ultimate shark thrill ride that will make you think twice about getting back in the water,” said Anchor Bay executive vp acquisitions and co-productions Kevin Kasha.
Anchor Bay execs Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson negotiated the deal with Gary Hamilton, Chris Perry and Mike Gabrawy on behalf of Arclight.
Anchor Bay has recently released Seeking Justice, City Island, Solitary Man, Kill the Irishman, Beautiful Boy and Corman’s World. Its Touchback opens April 13.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Mr. Malcolm's List
Next Big Thing